This year, Harvest for Hunger will run during March, April and May 2019.
Harvest for Hunger is a crucial program for Second Harvest and the region. There are many ways to get involved:
- Become a Harvest for Hunger partner at your workplace or school. Encourage your company to join hundreds of others and run an employee fund and/or food drive. As a student or teacher, encourage your school to get involved. Sponsor a Dress-Down Day, have a bake sale or have a Food Fight competition. These are just a few great ideas to raise funds/food and have fun while helping out. Contact us for other ideas that could work for your school, office or group!
- Donate at your local Giant Eagle or Heinen's store. Make a contribution at the register through Check Out Hunger or place food donations in Harvest for Hunger collection areas.
- Drop off food donations at local businesses. Buckeye Cablevision and Payne, Nickels & Co are designated drop-off centers once again in Erie and Huron Counties.
- Look for Harvest for Hunger ads in The Morning Journal and The Chronicle Telegram. Our radio partners this year are WEOL, WOBL, WDLW, WGGN, WCPZ, WOHF, WMJK, WLEC, WLKR and WKFM.
- Donate Online. Financial gifts can be made through our website.