These are just a few of the words that describe our new Strategic Plan: CREATING PATHWAYS.
This audacious blueprint lays the foundational steps to create long-term food security in our region. As we put this plan together, we knew we had to take major leaps to accomplish our vision for the next five years.
Over the last year, Second Harvest Board and Leadership focused on where we want the organization to grow and improve over the next five years. These initiatives will improve the lives of our employees, volunteers, partner charities, and the community that will benefit from the increased efficiency of our internal processes, expanded food access, wraparound services, and increased knowledge of Second Harvest’s impact. Our Creating Pathways initiative includes:
• Provide more food variety, fresher food and larger quantities to our Community Members.
• Provide Partner Charities with timely deliveries, order information, better quality products and packing.
• Make Second Harvest more effective and efficient, with each person having the information needed to do their job excellently.
• Create solutions with Community Members for easier access to improve their family stability and health (Nothing for us without us).
• Increase Government and community stakeholders’ engagement in funding/supporting solutions and knowledge about their community.
• Provide greater visibility of Second Harvest in our communities as a leader, educator and convener.
• Provide Community Members and Partner Charities an excellent experience from people like them in accessing food.
• Increase employee engagement, retention, growth and productivity so Second Harvest can increase our community impact.
• Have a strong bench of successors for leadership and positions.
• Enhance our culture with deeper inclusivity and diversity representing the communities we serve.
• Provide Community Members with information on where/when to access food and services.
• Provide the funds for Second Harvest to implement the strategic plan.
• Unify internal and external communications.
• Provide our Community Members with better access to food and quality service.
• Provide our Partner Charities with the support and relationship so they can distribute more food.
• Optimize and document Second Harvest models for scaling.
These goals are lofty and will require support from those who wish to walk alongside us. We are asking supporters to make a commitment to this project in time, talent and treasure.
As we develop programs, we will need more funds above normal operating income to execute these plans. Donate HERE.
We will need more volunteers for new and expanded initiatives. It could mean you, your friends and your colleagues. Email Jenny Rivera to learn more.
Using your special skills, connections for representing and promoting in measurable ways with those you have influence.
If you are interested in sharing this journey to create a brighter future for all please email Susan Bartosch to learn more.
Help grow hope. Receive our email updates.