Are you or your organization interested in running a food drive to benefit Second Harvest?
Here are a few things to take into account when planning your food drive:
- You will need to have some way to collect the food. Gather boxes or have your donors use bags.
- At the completion of your drive, drop collected items off at the warehouse. Food donations can be dropped off at our warehouse at the DONATION DROP-OFF door on Monday through Friday from 8AM until 4PM.
- Consider donating food from the Super Six list of food. The most needed items are the "Super Six": cereal, peanut butter, canned vegetables, tuna fish, soup and beef stew.
- Food with an expiration date earlier than the previous year, cannot be used.
- We can offer you stats and information to include in your marketing materials.
For every one pound of food donated, we can provide 1.2 meals.
For more information on running a food drive contact Kacy Porter at (440) 960-2265 x 307 for more information.
Also consider being a part of our annual Harvest for Hunger campaign which runs from March - April.