The mission of Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio is to create pathways to nutritious food. The Warehouse Department ensures that food is received to our facility and delivered to various Partner Charities and Pantry Sites. Position is responsible for performing all warehouse related tasks. Responsibilities include expediting orders, housekeeping, receiving and product movement. Learn more about the structure of non-profit and logistics of warehouse.
Support the mission of Second Harvest to create pathways to nutritious food. Learn about the logistics and operations of a warehouse facility. Training with warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks. Experience in working at a non-profit organization. Volunteer recognition at Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
- 1st Shift: 2-5 days a week (Monday – Friday), 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 2nd Shift: 2-5 days a week (Monday-Friday), 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Specific Assignments in Warehouse:
- Complete assigned duties to maintain the general orderliness and cleanliness in all areas of the warehouse in accordance with Feeding America, Good Manufacturing Practices, AIB and Second Harvest standards.
- Pull orders as assigned and replenishing pick locations. All orders are to be pulled in a timely and accurate manner. All orders are to be staged properly on the dock or partner charity pick-up area.
- Safely operate all warehouse equipment and vehicles.
- Coordinate with other departments when necessary to ensure efficient operations.
- Uphold the values and mission of Second Harvest at all times.
- Display courtesy and respect at all times to Second Harvest employees, volunteers, board members, donors, partner charities and the general public.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to Second Harvest and the network of member agencies.
- The description of responsibilities in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed. Other duties may be assigned by the Warehouse Manager, Director of Operations or President and CEO as deemed necessary to support the operations of the organization.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work in partnership with other staff
- Valid Driver’s License
- Wiliness to be trained on pallet jack
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- ServSafe Food Safety Training
- Civil Rights Training
- Pallet Jack
Interested volunteers please visit CERVIS to create a Volunteer Log-in and apply for the Warehouse Volunteer Corps. Volunteers will be contacted to schedule pre-screening and training.