Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40+ hours per week,
Supervisor: Program & Partner Services Manager
Overview: Supports the implementation and improvement of all Senior Food Programs, including the federal Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), by providing CSFP caseload management, CSFP partner management, educational material development, and coordination with internal departments on food ordering, box production, and distribution schedules. This position ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and adherence to standard safety protocols. It plays a vital role in developing innovative ways to increase the number of seniors receiving food. The Senior Food Programs Coordinator assures existing programs have value, evaluates their success, makes programmatic recommendations that align with the Second Harvest strategic plan, and strives to build strong relationships with all program stakeholders.
- Ensure the state and federal regulatory compliance and the implementation of the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP).
- Maintain a positive relationship with representatives from the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services and the Ohio Association of Foodbanks.
- Manage the monthly ordering of the federal Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP).
- Recruit, train, and sustain partnerships with organizations that serve the low-income senior population. Identify opportunities to maximize food bank partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure prompt, effective, and thoughtful customer service and communications with partner organizations and community members. Troubleshoot partner questions and track issues and concerns.
- Ensure network partners are meeting compliance standards through in-person monitor visits. These visits encompass Second Harvest policies and standards of service, state and federal compliance requirements, and opportunities for program innovation.
- Work closely with new and current partners to help support efforts for homebound seniors to be served via home delivery, grocery delivery, and/or other technology-based transportation solutions.
- Provide feedback for the CSFP and Senior budget and ensure programmatic spending does not exceed budget without approval
- Develop processes to ensure effective and efficient operations for our internal distribution programs and our partner distribution programs.
- Manage the on-site CSFP distribution and delivery program and make changes/adjustments as necessary.
- Provide application assistance to community members and support the CSFP annual recertification process. Ensure senior application intake occurs within program guidelines and maintain accurate records to fulfill all compliance requirements
- Provide information to community members through phone calls, text messages, letters, and distribution schedules.
- Receive incoming calls for food assistance. Connect community members to food assistance and additional support programs.
Education & Community Outreach:
- Develop and execute a training curriculum in conjunction with the Program & Partner Services Manager to onboard new sites and provide annual training to active and participating sites.
- Work with the Brand & Digital Coordinator to create content that advertises the CSFP program to seniors in targeted geographic areas.
- Attend various events to promote Second Harvest programming, inform the community about strategic initiatives, and participate in senior-specific outreach opportunities.
- Work with Program & Partners Services Manager to engage Senior AmeriCorps volunteers in CSFP-related tasks as needed
Reporting & Meeting Requirements:
- Completes required monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting on federal government food commodities for the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP).
- Meet with the Director of Program & Partner Services and Program & Partner Services Manager as needed.
- Draft the annual CSFP Caseload request to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- Assist and act as a backup on an as-needed basis to Food Resource Manager for federal programs
- Uphold the values and mission of Second Harvest at all times.
- Display courtesy and respect at all times to Second Harvest employees, volunteers, donors, member agencies, and the general public.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to Second Harvest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of inventory control systems and practices.
- One (1) or more year(s) experience with a pallet jack
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Highly developed oral & written communications skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills, including MS Office.
- Ability to work in partnership with other staff.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in a related field.
- Completion of SERV Safe Food Safety Certification.
- Certified in CPR/AED & First Aid every two years.
- Complete USDA Civil Rights Training for Food Distribution annually.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This position requires constant standing and/or walking. Frequent bending, lifting, stooping, carrying, and/or reaching is required. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. The ability to work in various temperatures with extreme heat or cold periodically is required. At times, this position works outdoors.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid paternity leave
- Paid maternity leave
- Pension plan
- Disability insurance
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Tami Kluding, at email@example.com