Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. On an as-needed basis, work schedule may change at the discretion of Second Harvest. Change(s) in work schedule will be communicated to employees in advance of the change(s) taking place. Overtime is required on an occasional basis, based on business needs.
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Overview: Position is responsible for performing all warehouse-related tasks. Primary responsibility is working in shipping, receiving and order expediting. Additional responsibilities include all general warehouse duties including housekeeping and product movement.
- Complete assigned duties to maintain the general orderliness and cleanliness in all areas of the warehouse in accordance with Feeding America, Good Manufacturing Practices, AIB and Second Harvest standards.
- Pull daily orders as assigned. All orders are to be pulled in a timely and accurate manner, generally by end of the day.
- All orders are to be staged properly on the dock or partner charity pick-up area.
- Replenish pick locations as needed.
- Placing tags on received pallets and ensuring product location matches the product description. Report errors to Inventory & Transportation Manager immediately.
- Complete inventory cycle counts as assigned.
- Safely operate all warehouse equipment and maintain a safe warehouse environment at all times.
- Unload and load trucks in accordance with AIB, Feeding America, and Second Harvest procedures and guidelines. This includes adhering to proper handling procedures for all incoming product, including unloading, storage locations, accurate record keeping, donor restrictions, and receipt of product and temperature requirements. Assist in maintaining the receiving log book.
- Work closely with warehouse staff and Inventory & Transportation Manager to ensure proper inventory control and product rotation (FIFO).
- Coordinate with other departments when necessary to ensure efficient operations
- Uphold the values and mission of Second Harvest at all times.
- Display courtesy and respect at all times to Second Harvest employees, volunteers, board members, donors, partner charities and the general public.
- Receive retail and all other donations in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to Second Harvest and the network of partner charities
- The description of responsibilities in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed.
- Oversees volunteers on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) or more year(s) of experience in a warehouse setting.
- One (1) or more year(s) of experience with forklift, stand-up lift, and pallet jack operation.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work in partnership with other staff.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or GED. Completion of SERV Safe Food Safety Certification.
- Certified in CPR/AED & First Aid every two years.
- Complete USDA Civil Rights Training for Food Distribution annually.
- Certified in forklift and stand-up lift
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This position requires constant standing and/or walking. Frequent bending, lifting, stooping, carrying, and/or reaching is required. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. The ability to work in various temperatures with extreme heat or cold periodically is required. At times, this position works outdoors.