Charity Navigator is America's premier independent charity evaluator. They help charitable givers make intelligent giving decisions by providing in-depth, objective ratings and analysis of the financial health of America's largest charities. Second Harvest earned four out of a possible four stars indicating our organization adheres to good governance and best practices that minimize the chance of unethical activities and consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way. Only a quarter of all charities receive Charity Navigator's highest rating, indicating Second Harvest outperforms most other charities in America.
Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio meets the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance's Standards for Charity Accountability. Click here to learn more about why you can trust the Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio.
Recognition for our President & CEO, Julie Chase-Morefield:
- 2019: Received the Nonprofit Executive of the Year Award from the Medical Mutual Pillar Award
- 2019: Recognized by Crain's Cleveland Business as one of the Notable Women in Nonprofits
- 2019: Included in Smart Business Magazine's Smart 50 in Northeast Ohio
- 2015: Recognized at the Leadership Lorain County Difference Maker Awards with the first Emerald Award for Inspirational Leadership
- 2013: Featured by Crain's Cleveland Business as part of their series "Who to Watch in Nonprofit"